childcare gone wrong





Childcare Gone Wrong-Cautionary Tales

Friday, November 16, 2007

Babysitter Pleads No Contest to Killing Toddler
In her statement to police the babysitter Chantal Randall said, "Rosie (17 months) whinned out and grabbed my hair pulling. In a split second, I made a horrible wrong decision to strike out at her hitting her with my knuckles and the back of my fist into her mid section sending her back and down to the floor on top of scattered toys with a thud and back about three feet toward my love seat." In her written statement, she also wrote, "I saw right away something terrible had happened to her. She was not responding to me, my touch, or words and she had her eyes closed and was not making any sound or did not seem to be breathing. I picked her up and spoke to her and noticed that she wasn't holding her body up on her own. She was limp and unresponsive. I knew that she was dead but it felt surreal like a bad dream. I just held her in a blanket talking, crying, begging, praying for at least an hour and a half."
Chantal, who is 31, plead no contest to child abuse resulting in death. She faces 20 years to life in prison. She will be sentenced in January.
Read the full story here.

Still No Trial for Babysitter Accused of Killing Child
It's been two years now, and still no trial for a babysitter accused of killing the child in her care. Heather Sandage of Tell City was arrested and charged with battery resulting in death in 2005.
Doctors say seven month old Izaak Harney died of shaken baby syndrome. In the past two years, the Harney family's endured a lot of setbacks. And just learned the trial date has been postponed again. Read the full store here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home